Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Totally over it already

We've officially started the search.  We went and checked out a venue downtown last night.  Bridgewater place.  It's right on the Grand River, and has floor to ceiling windows along one whole wall.  I loved it.  It won't really go with the vintage theme I had in mind since it's a really contemporary but it's so pretty.  Only issue I'm running into is the area that they use for ceremonies might be getting turned into a restaurant within the next year.  They can't grantee us an indoor wedding space, and I REFUSE to plan an outside wedding in Michigan with no rain backup.  She did tell us that we could hold the ceremony in the room where the reception will be, but we can't have a rehearsal Friday night if there is a  Friday night wedding booked...we could have a Thursday rehearsal...(gee that's soo helpful, especially when we know we'll have people from out of town coming to the rehearsal, and can't be there that early)...AWESOME.   It's all so up in the air I don't want to book and then get totally screwed.

Aaron was HILARIOUS during the tour, asking the most random questions... suddenly I felt like I was marrying a 4 year old.  He danced on the dance floor to "make sure it was danceable"  he HAD to check out the bathrooms, he also asked if we could have sports center on the giant TV they have in the room...awesome.  We held the date, but still have some thinking to do.  We know we don't want to get married in a church, so we're leaning towards no.  :(    Aaron also didn't like the carpet...I told him banquet carpet is always ugly..it has to be to hide stains!  Also, the ceiling had "scratches" on it...which I didn't notice, but whatev.

We have a whole bunch of tours scheduled for Saturday, and one next Tuesday, hopefully this is all figured out by Wednesday.  It's sad to say, but I'm already over it...The money, the planning, I'm stressed already.  Just because I do it for a living, doesn't make it any easier.  I really just want to be married.  I want a wedding, and the experience...but really the goal is to be married to the man of my dreams.  I think my stress, and the lack of overall excitement is coming from figuring out how to pay for all of this.  We don't want to dip into savings, I have ALWAYS thought it was stupid to drop thousands and thousands on one day, and we don't really want to have our parents paying for everything...so paying for this hoopla is still a mystery.  :/  

On top of all of that, I'm trying to study for my State Farm test so I can get in the office, and actually start making some money.  I have so much to get done for the test, it's putting everything else on hold.  It's possible to plan a wedding in a short period of time, but it really sucks the fun out of it, and takes away enjoying just being engaged....sadly my bubble has burst and reality is starting to set in....this is exactly why people take a year to plan the wedding...so they can enjoy it!  Maybe I'll just leave all of the decisions to Aaron, and see where that leads us!

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment