Monday, November 14, 2011

The Nitty Gritty

For the people that know me well, this is all stuff you've heard before...for those who don't know my entire story this is for you.  I joined match.com at one of my lowest points in my life.  I was working at a job that I hated, living alone and where I worked (not a recommended idea) and I had just gotten news that my parents we're getting divorced.  I'm not going to go into a whole sob story about that for 2 reasons..one it's not my business to share, and two..that story isn't really relevant.  Just know it put me in a depression.  I needed affection, attention, love, and someone to just be there for me.  I am in NO WAY discrediting my WONDERFUL WONDERFUL friends who helped me through all of this, but there are some things a girlfriend just can't help with...unless you swim in the lady pond....which I don't.  So I was sh*t out of luck on that one.

On a whim I decided to join..I don't know why, maybe because I was bored, and wanted something new and exciting to look forward to, something to keep my mind off of things, something just plain silly.  Obviously it worked. 

Aaron got the readers digest version of my situation when we went on our first date, I didn't want to overload him with my emotional baggage, but over time he learned tho whole situation.  He was there for me every second, giving me advice when I asked for it (even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear..he was going to tell me the truth).  Listening when I needed to vent, and letting me cry when I needed to.  I remember the night I knew I fell in love with him.  I was crying about something, and he let me talk it out, but then he decided to tell me secrets that he had never told anyone else.  We were up all night talking, about everything under the sun.  I knew then and there we would be together forever.

At one point in time we had the "talk" that I'm sure everyone has when they know their relationship his getting serious..1) Divorce is not an option we will communicate and work through things...Yes I know that certain circumstances can cause divorce, but I refuse to just give up like I've seen so many times. 2) We're equals in this, we may contribute in different ways, but we are partners.  3) Honesty always. 4) To remember we're not just husband and wife, but best friends as well.  These things are so important to me know more than ever, I don't want to be a statistic.

Short and sweet, I just wanted to get things off my chest!

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment