Saturday, November 5, 2011

The One

Soooo apparently Aaron has some sort of radar that went off informing all of his ex's that he was engaged.  Yesterday this slut bag was texting him all night long, even after he told her he was engaged she asked him to meet her downtown...EXCUSE ME BITCH I WILL CUT YOU!  He stopped texting her, but she continued to text this morning too.  I'm about to call this skank and bitch her out.  Then this morning he ran into an ex at the gym...and she just had to stop and talk to him..really...now that he's off the market everyone flocks to him.  Sorry Taken!

We went venue hunting today.  It was such a beautiful day, if I could be guaranteed a day like today I would book a fall wedding.  However, it's Michigan and the weather is unpredictable, it could be snowing, it could be raining, or it could be 100 degrees outside....so no thanks.

We went to three different places, which meant we drove ALL OVER GR.  We like the first Country Club Centennial County Club http://www.centennialcc.com/banquets/pictures  It was really pretty.  Supposedly they have a driving range, and waterfall where we could do the ceremony....but we didn't see it...so....yea.  We did like the banquet space!

We drove across town, and pulled into this very secluded area drove through the forest and pulled up to this enormous golf lodge looking place. 
Thousand Oaks http://www.thousandoaksgolf.com/Weddings-Banquests_a59272b15ba7b.html  The golf course was beautiful with rolling hills.  We walked into the pro shop, and at this point weren't too impressed.  The wedding coordinator took us through the club restaurant where everyone stared at us like we were the new kids at school...can you say AWKWARD.  We walked into the ballroom, and it was massive!  it's a really pretty light green, with really nice banquet carpet..it wasn't obnoxious.  The light fixtures were beautiful  Their tables and chair were really nice (they'll still need covers though).  What sold us on this place was the foyer.  It was one of the nicest entrances I have ever seen.  It had a huge fireplace, and wrap around couch...so cozy!  Once we talked about the menu and all of the options we were both getting super excited...time to talk available dates.  I knew they had some Saturday dates in July and August because that's what I was told when I called...WRONG.  Dumb dumb I spoke with on the phone had no idea what she was talking about, and our coordinator told us there were no Saturday's in July or August.  I could actually see the excitement leaving Aaron's face, and disappointment was written all over his body language.  I knew my face mirrored.  He decided to cave and said lets look at Friday's, I knew he didn't want Friday's so I caved and changed dates.  We're now stuck with May 26th or September 1st.  Cool great...then she said that's Memorial day weekend, or Labor day weekend...well that explains why they're the only dates left.  Damnit!!!!!  We're leaning towards Sept 1st, so don't make Labor day plans people!  Once we saw the driving range where we would get married, Sept 1st started to look better and better.  We're in the number crunching stage, but I'm thinking we found the one!!!

Just to make sure we covered all of our options we went to the last country club.  Mr. Monzo was suddenly buzzing from finding a place,  I even commented that he had good questions...suddenly he's this "wedding expert"  We pulled in and he started pointing out everything he didn't like.."oh I don't like this entrance, oh and that water tower is horrible"  Lordy, we weren't even inside yet!  We got inside, and I wasn't impressed that the person set to meet us, wasn't there...holy annoyed.  As we were waiting Aaron took a walk down this long hall...came back, and said "I do not want to get married here.  The bathrooms are ugly, and look at this wallpaper, this is a no!"  OOOOOOOKKKK Groomzilla!!!  My goodness, I was laughing at his reaction, now that we had found what we were looking for nothing else was going to be good enough for him.  We found the manager, they opened the door and...I shit you not, my eyes we pulled to the floor..the first thing I saw was the most ugly carpet I have EVER seen in my entire life.  It looked like a red and yellow checkered flannel shirt...it was awful.  It was so tacky, nothing could every hide that.  It didn't help that it was one of the most ugly decorated weddings I have ever seen.  Horrible mustard yellow chairs, a whole in the wall by the dance floor...it was terrible they must have had an awesome photographer take their pictures! 

While we were standing in the room I happened to notice one of the tables was missing a bunch of napkins, so I pointed it out to the manager, who in turn said something the the staff, and the girl snapped back "yea we know we're folding more"  then Aaron heard her say something like "it isn't even her wedding what's her problem"  Well soooorrrrrrry if it had been my wedding and someone else was touring the room and noticed the same thing, I would have wanted them to mention it too..skank bag.  It's easy to forget something like that I was just trying to be helpful!  Whatever, I have no desire to get married in a McDonald's which is what that carpet reminded me of, so we won't be seeing them again!

We had a great day, we're super excited.  We sent out mass texts messages to people asking about Labor Day weekend, everyone said it's cool with them....it's looking like September 1st I will make the change to Mrs. Monzo!!!

I love this picture, don't mind the finger...I noticed it after I uploaded it, sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment