Sunday, November 20, 2011

Deck the Halls and Roar Roar Roar

I am soooooooo totally enjoying this Monday through Friday 9-5 job thing.  We get so much done on the weekends!  Friday started the room decorating contest at work, so I had all of my kids helping me get our room all set.  I got home and was so pumped about Christmas, I decided we needed to get the apartment ready too.  Usually I am not a fan of decorating early, but I was just too in the mood!

We went to Walmart (I'm not generally a fan of that place...they don't have the cart wipe things..I felt so dirty) but BOY DO THEY HAVE GREAT DEALS.  We got a 6 foot pre lit tree for 40 bucks, a tree skirt, a set of blue ornaments and snowflakes for the tree for a grand total of 55 bucks!  I was so excited.  Now I get to take my small baby tree to my classroom...(Can you tell I want to win the decorating contest?)  We got home and put the tree up!  Of course our lovely itty bitty kitty feel in love with the tree and won't leave it alone.  We've found her under it, in it, eating it, scratching it, batting at it, and fighting under it.  We're totally surprised it's still standing.


Saturday we went to do a little Christmas shopping at Target, got ourselves some stockings, and lights to hang in the kitchen!  I'm so ready for Christmas!!!  We ended up at the mall to get my rings cleaned..and magically got suckered into buying our wedding bands!  We were there for over 2 hours, and picking my ring was the EASY PART.  I looked at 2 rings, picked one (and it was the least expensive of the two!!!) and I was set.  Aaron on the other hand took forever to decide.  He went very nontraditional with his ring.  I love it.  It's black toungsten with a diamond in the center.  Mine is a simple band with channel set diamonds.  The people at Rogers & Hollands know Aaron by name, they we're so nice and patient with us, and really helped us out.  However, they were not letting us out of the store without buying the rings.  We didn't really go in with the idea of buying..but they worked with us so much we said what the heck!  We had to get them at some point right?

Looks like Aaron's except his has a ring had a diamond in the center!

To wrap up our very coupley (yes, I made up a word) weekend we headed to Detroit for the Lions game.  It was so much fun.  Started out as a very crappy game, and turned itself right around in the second half.  The crowd changed, and energy was nuts it was so loud..it was a perfect Sunday!

On a final note, Contract is mailed out for our wedding ceremony, and reception site...woooohoooo!!!!

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment