Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tulle and Balloons OH MY!

Well, we hit the Wave Room last night....LOVE IT.  It's so different, the whole idea behind it is so much fun.  Our guests would have to use the main entrance to Celebration Cinema, but the room is up this big spiral staircase, and overlooks the whole lobby of the theater.  If you've never been to a Celebration Cinema and you're picturing a theater like we have in good ol' BC you're way off!  They are so nice, and this theater is the IMAX and is pretty fancy! 

The room is huge, and is so up to date with the decor..it's so nice.  Of course Aaron noticed the carpet, and he approved!  I will admit it is some of the nicest banquet carpet I've seen.  There is one whole wall of windows, we can decorate any way we want, and the price was right!  I'm so excited.  I've been dragging on this whole thing because everything has been so typical..everyone gets married at a country club, or at a banquet hall, but how many weddings have you been to that are at a movie theater?  I think that it's just different enough that it makes me really feel like it's OUR wedding and not a copy cat of something else.



The only issue we're running into is a ceremony location.  I've been looking at places where we can hold the ceremony and reception, and now we have to worry about finding a whole new location.  The coordinator did tell us that we could use one of the theaters as our ceremony location.  I didn't like the idea at first, now it's kind of growing on me.  I always see these wedding shows with really cool locations, and ideas, and this is so different.  I don't think Aaron is really fond of the idea...however, he did say "your the boss"  I knew I picked a good one lol!  I have a feeling that we would have some very strong opinions about the ceremony if it was done at the theater...so moving on.

We looked at Meijer Gardens, but their pricing for just a ceremony is around 3,000.....nooooo thanks..not for a 15 minute ceremony.  Augh...I can't find anything I like that works, or that doesn't require ceremony and reception. 

On a different note, we started talking about decorations for the room, and the centerpieces...Aaron thought it would be a good idea to use tulle and balloons for the decorations..UHHHHHH NO.  This is not the 80's I refuse to walk in to our reception room under a balloon arch....*insert gag here* 

So to sum it up...Save the date July 28th 2012 The Wave room!!!

1 comment:

  1. What about a library or a museum for the ceremony? I remember looking into some of those in grand rapids. I cant remember the names though. lol.

    ReplyDelete