Monday, October 31, 2011

And so it Begins!!

I know I posted this on facebook already, but...I feel like I need to say it again.  All that needs to be done right this second is booking a venue, which means getting together a rough guest list for a round about number.  Problem is, with 2 sets of divorced parents..that's a whole lot of communicating back and forth, trying to get everyone to send me their lists.  I have a feeling this is just the beginning of feeling like a tennis ball bouncing back and forth between all involved parties.  Aaron and I put together our version of a guest list, and it is dominated by family.  We're trying to keep our numbers down, and want to have both family and friends involved in our day...but at the rate we're going who knows if that will actually happen.  I do not want a wedding of 200 guests, and that's the direction we're headed...YIKES!!


Right now, I'm totally obsessed with this place..Bridgewater Place!

With that said, I started calling venues today knowing that a lot of dates are already booked.  We aren't attached to any specific date, we just know we want July or August.  Each venue has like 2 dates left..we really need to get a move on it!  I spent the afternoon speaking with different wedding coordinators and found myself ready to beat my head against a wall.  None of these coordinators are willing to meet us on Saturday's because they have events going on.  WELL DUUUHHHH  I want to see the venue set up for a wedding, looking at a big open space is not very helpful.  It's not like I want to tour the place at 6:00 while the best man is giving his toast, I would like to come by early afternoon..nothing is going on then.  I found myself wondering if other brides felt this way too.  I'm only used to the way that I ran things.  Of course I'm going to give tours of the property on a Saturday, that's when people aren't working, and when they have time to do that kind of stuff.  As a wedding planner it's hard to remember that other people get so stressed out about their weddings because it's not the only thing on their plate at that moment.  Usually they're also working, and have other social engagements to deal with,  while I'm focused only on their wedding because that's my job..it's not stressful.

I work until 6 every day Aaron works 3rd shift, so we're totally inconvenienced by this whole not able to meet on Saturday's thing.  We have random appointments scheduled which means we can't include our parents.  So far I'm not impressed with Grand Rapids venues.

On another note, one of Aaron's friends asked Aaron if we ever fight...I don't know if he asked because he noticed that we don't, or what his thought process was, but it made me think.  We don't really fight.  We've had 2 really big fights and that's really it.  Of course we snap at each other every once in a while, or bicker back and forth, but nothing major.  After we talked about how it was nice that we never fight..I silently began freaking myself out...(I totally tend to over analyze things)  Are we supposed to be fighting?  Obviously there isn't a quota of how many fights a couple has to log each month, but you always here things like a fight here and there is healthy for the relationship, but are we missing something?  NO.  No is the answer I'm going with, couples that fight all the time clearly aren't happy together...why would you want to be in a relationship where you're fighting more than anything else?

*This was before he purposed:***

I freaked out for a small second thinking that we were missing something in our relationship, is it really possible to just be happy and get along?  I answered the questions myself, YES.  It is possible to be happy.  I've found I just let the little things roll off my back, because it's not worth the energy to pick at every little thing.  I know I have qualities that drive Aaron CrAzY..I'll give an example, because I know it's hard for you all to believe I'm not perfect. 

There is an enchilada sitting in a glass baking pan in the fridge right now.  It's been there for a week.  I had every intention of eating it, but never got to it.  Now I know it's grown 7 lawyers of fuzz, so I don't feel like taking it out of the fridge, because it's going to be gross.  Aaron will most likely be the one to get it out, he'll be annoyed...but won't make a big deal about it.  Just like I move his damn shoes out of the way of the front door EVER SINGLE DAY.  I crack jokes about them being in the way, move them, and tomorrow they'll be in the exact same place.  Directly in front of the door. 

I don't know why this has been bugging me, I guess I was feeling like sometimes it's too good to be true, but maybe that's how everyone feels when they find the person that truly is their better half.

I know you married folk are all probably laughing at me right now, or maybe rolling your eyes at me, I'm not naive enough to think we won't ever fight, and I'm sure we'll have some blow outs, but right now we're in such a good place, there is nothing to fight about..except maybe him being a bed hog*

<3 Karissa

1 comment:

  1. I say just wait until the week or two before the wedding...you'll get your share of fighting in then. HA HA.

    I literally wanted to murder dustin and questioned why I was marrying him. I was so stressed out and men are totally useless in the planning of any big event. I was pissed he was just sitting around and had nothing to do but pick up his tux the day before. ugh.

    but at the end of the day you realize its all petty little things that dont matter and it all works out.

    ReplyDelete