Sunday, March 4, 2012

Let the Search Begin

I've always been the type of person who gets an idea in my head, and then I run with it.  I don't stop until I get exactly what I want.  The project, idea, thought (whatever it may be) consumes me until I figure out exactly how to accomplish the goal.  I've also always been a very spontaneous person.  I don't dwell on things very long.  I don't sit around and come up with a plan, I just do.  I want a tattoo...I get one no thinking.  Once you think about things, you can always find a reason to talk yourself out of it.  Obviously some decisions take some time (I'm not irresponsible).  I never thought I would find someone who has these exact same traits.  Aaron and I have a completely spontaneous relationship and we don't stop until we get what we want.

I remember earlier in the summer we had talked about getting a kitten and the topic kind of went away.  On July 5th we woke up and I said lets get a kitten today.  We spent the whole day going place to place in search of an itty bitty, sure enough that afternoon we brought the little bean home! 

We've pretty much had the same attitude about buying a house.  The topic came up, we played around with the idea for about a week, and then spent this whole week looking at houses online, finding a realtor and creating a list of places we wanted to see.  Aaron is just as consumed with this process as I am.  I would get emails at 4am from him about houses he found, so I know he was searching on his lunch at work too.  Saturday we spent the whole day looking at houses...no wait we didn't look at houses we looked at CRAP.  Everything that we picked sucked.  There was only one house that we would even consider.  Of course it's above where we told our realtor we wanted to be...but we could offer less, and be within budget.  This house was move in ready, and done exactly how I would have done it.  It has a beautiful backyard.  All hardwood floors, a huge living room, the most amazing finished basement and 3 bedrooms.  The issues we had were the bedroom sizes, and apparently Aaron hates trees, and is scared they are going to fall on the house.  WHATEVER.  I seriously fell in love with this house.  Aaron had to really talk me down from my high.  Telling me that it wasn't worth the asking price, and that we could find a lot bigger space for a lot less.  
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1061-Elmwood-Dr_Jenison_MI_49428_M46997-52193  This is the house we loved yesterday.  It doesn't have very many pictures, and I tried to upload a video of it, but it won't work...sorry!

We came home feeling very discouraged.  We didn't really know what to do.  We were pretty much at each others throats about everything so I needed to get away.  When I got home Aaron had a whole new list of house put together.  We raised our price range a bit, and knowing now what we really want I think our new list actually has a lot of potential.  I told Aaron that I had a feeling that our house was on that list.  We did a little Sunday driving today and drove by most of the houses on our new list.  The curb appeal of all of them has me very excited to see the insides.  Like I said we don't stop until we get what we want..I have a feeling this process won't take very long because it has now totally consumed us.  Poor wedding...getting shunned.  I feel bad..hopefully we can get this all figured out, and I can go back to only stressing about a wedding!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment