Sunday, February 26, 2012

House Hunters

YIKES!  To add to the stress of planning a wedding (which to be honest hasn't been that stressful) Aaron decides now is the perfect time to buy a house.  We've talked about buying a house, and for a while we both agreed that we didn't want to put down roots in Michigan, so we would continue to rent and look into moving after the wedding.  Now that the wedding is getting closer and the talk of babies comes up more often the idea of having an infant in another state where we don't know anyone is scary.

So we made the executive decision to torture ourselves and plan a wedding and house hunt all at the same time!  Sometimes we are so smart!  All weekend we've been glued to our computers looking for houses.  We can both agree on style, and we don't need something that is brand spankin new (we want to do some projects)  but we also don't want to move into a gross run down shack.  The problem we're going to have is, Aaron knows all of the neighborhoods since he grew up here and also worked for Two Men and a Truck..he has seen the good, bad, and the ugly.  When I find a house I like he will shoot it down as soon as he hears the street name..I have a feeling this is going to take a really long time.

It's an exciting process, thinking about all of the different things that we're going to be able to do to a house, and getting away from our super annoying neighbors!

Besides being attached our computers this weekend, we didn't do much.  A little shopping, I got an Iphone finally.  I have hated all of my Android phones and I have never heard anyone complain about their Iphone, so I broke down and got one..I hope it was a good choice!  I promised Aaron I would also thin out my wardrobe a bit...it's a little extreme.  So today I cooked breakfast, went to the store, did laundry, and organized the closet.  I got rid of 50 tops..I was so proud of myself...Aaron was happy, but I think he wishes I would have gotten rid of more..the closet is still stuffed!

I feel like I have been cheating on the wedding, by not paying much attention to it.  The big stuff is done, we're on to the little stuff at this point, so it's getting done slowly.  I have an appointment to make our invitations in two weeks!  That should be really fun!  I had a horrible dream last night that we sent out our invitations on a Monday, and our wedding was that Thursday so no one had time to RSVP and we spend the 3 days before the wedding calling people asking what they wanted to eat so we could give our numbers to our banquet hall!  I don't know why I'm having all these bad dreams but it's starting to stress me out!

Hopefully we get to start looking at houses this week!  I don't want to be moving 2 weeks before the wedding!!!

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment