Sunday, February 19, 2012

Back in the Swing of Things

It's been a couple of weeks, because we have been doing absolutely nothing these past couple of weeks.  Life has been pretty boring!  Last weekend we went to Battle Creek so I could have a dress fitting....yikes.  It pretty much fits perfect which stresses me out.  I can't gain an ounce. 

We spent most of last weekend driving around Grand Rapids looking for tattoo shops that weren't going to charge us an arm,leg and lung for tattoos...no such luck.  We both want to get each others lip prints tattooed onto each other.  These are fairly small (no bigger than a fifty cent piece) and everywhere is charging about 100 bucks..um no thanks.  I'll wait and go to New Addiction where they won't kill me on the price. 

Valentine's  day was quite the surprise for me!  We weren't planning on doing anything since there's a wedding coming up.  I got into my car on my lunch and there was a flower arrangement sitting in my seat!  I was so surprised.  I have never gotten anything like that for V-day.  When I got home there was a present wrapped on the counter for me too.  I got a DVD and a bridal memory book that I had been wanting!  I was so excited!  Aaron also took me out to dinner.  All in all even though it is a ridiculous holiday it was still a lot of fun.

During the week I got our flower quote (which I have been dreading) and lucky for us it's just under $400.00!!!  I was so excited.  I'm not a fan of a whole bunch of fresh flowers everywhere.  The smell is too overwhelming so I went with just the basics.  Bridal bouquets, bouts, and a couple other things.  We don't have much use for flowers anywhere else either!  I was so excited I was thinking another grand at least!  Wooo hooo! On the down side we got our catering contract back with the estimate for food and everything...holy 6 grand, and that's not even the bar.  I'm trying oh so hard not to go crazy with this wedding.  Spending a zillion dollars on one day is not work it.

Saturday we went to Aaron's moms house.  They redid the basement into a big game room with a pool table and shuffel board table and sports bar.  We were also there for his mom's birthday.  We had a lot of fun drinking playing games and hanging with the family.  We also got some really exciting news.  Aaron's mom and long time boyfriend are engaged!!  We're pretty excited for them!

Wedding dilemmas  We're trying to think of cool groomsmen gifts without buying the typical things i.e. flask shot glass.  We're looking for unique things..suggestions?

Bachelorette party...I'm really not into the whole party idea.  I have 2 bridesmaids that aren't even close to being 21, I don't want to leave them out of the activities, but I'm not really sure what to do.  The whole idea of wearing some sort of sash and cheap veil and doing some random scavenger hunt at bars does not sound fun to me at all.  Plus I'm not a huge drinker.  I like to have a drink here and there, but I'm not into the shoving shots down my throat.

Ohhh so many things to think about.  We're down to finalizing everything...oh what fun!!

<3 Karissa

3 comments:

  1. I dont even remember what we got for our groomsmen. But as far as the bachelorette party only a couple of my friends lived close enough to come two weekends in a row (i had bridesmaids in arizona, california, virginia, and georgia!) and I dont drink so my maid of honor planned a great weekend in chicago. We went to a fancy dinner and to a show and it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking a spa day or something. Chicago would be fun. There are tons of shows I would love to see!!!

      Delete
  2. For Katie's bachelorette party, Maggie wasn't 21 yet and neither was Katie's husband's sister. So, we started out the day with a spa day. You could pick what you wanted done (hair, makeup, nails, massage, facial) and that way people could determine how much or how little they wanted to spend. It was in Grand Rapids but I can't remember the name. If I think of it, I'll let you know. Then we had dinner and drinks in downtown Grand Rapids. It wasn't too wild but we had a lot of fun. I think a spa is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete