Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday Funday

What a FANTASTIC weekend.  We didn't have a single plan this weekend so we lounged and did whatever we wanted.  We started our Friday by finishing a game we started a while ago.  I found this Bride and Groom challenge game at Barnes and Noble and thought it would be fun.  We got it a couple weekends ago and started the game.  Friday night we answered questions about each other and tallied up the score...guess who rocks!?  ME  I totally won!  I will give Aaron credit, he was only a couple of points behind me.  Part of the game was to come up with contracts for what the winner gets...so my prize was, shopping!  I got a nice new robe and a new book!  I also get a "romantic" night out soon.  Hopefully that involves the carriage ride downtown I have been dying to take!!  Here's the link to the game in case anyone is interested.  I think it would be fun for married couples too!
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bride-groom-challenge-elizabeth-lluch/1008810770?ean=9781934386149&itm=1&usri=bride+and+groom+games

Saturday we got up with no plans at all.  We did a little wedding shopping.  Can you believe that Aaron has never been to Hobby Lobby?  We had so much fun at the store.  We actually found stuff for our Sand Ceremony!  I didn't want to buy a kit, they all look the same, and they aren't special at all.  We found a decanter at Macy's that is so unique I'm so excited to use it!!

 We have rented 3 movies in the past 2 weekends and they have all SUCKED.  Bridesmaids (totally over rated)  Straw Dogs (Just plain boring and long)  Hangover 2 (I'm sorry what was all the hype about?)  we are 0 -3 right now.  I would love suggestions for some GOOD movies!

Last thing on my mind that's really been bugging me.  I have been reading a book about this couple that is getting divorced, there is so much on TV right now about couples splitting up and all that I'm freaking out.  I could never imagine being left, or the feeling of having someone tell you it's over.  It makes me sick to my stomach.  I realize that marriage is a choice and you have to work at a relationship to keep it new fun and exciting, but I'm also not stupid enough to think that marriage is forever...divorce is all around me.  I'm not saying that I'm expecting something bad to happen, but I've always been the type of person to dwell on the what ifs.  It just terrifies me that one day 10 years from now I could be sitting on the couch thinking I have a happy marriage and Aaron could walk in the house and say he fell out of love with me, and wants it to be over.  I have a very wise friend that has just recently been married that always tells me that everything we do is a choice, and you have to choose to make things work.  I don't know why this is bugging me so much, but I guess it's just one of those fears that I have.  Maybe it's completely normal to have these feelings, I'm just so happy right now, I don't ever want this feeling to end.

Any thoughts, or advice?

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment