Sunday, January 29, 2012

All the Small Things

Honestly I feel like such an idiot.  I really tought that because I did this stuff for a living that all of this would be so easy.  I was so wrong.  I keep thinking of all of these little things, and freaking out because we're going to be responsible for 150 people having a good time, finding their way, eating..and enjoying the food, accommodations, and everything in between.

Last weekend I settled on a bridesmaids dress...you'll have to wait to see which one we actually went with!  Abbey and Rachel were troopers and helped me make my final decision.  We also had our food tasting last week.  Sooooooo yummy!  I'm so excited about the food!!

We had a meeting with this lady that does Candy Buffets..I really liked her and her pricing was really reasonable, however, Saturday we had a meeting for linens and walked in and saw a candy buffet all set up.  All we have to do is buy candy.  It was sooo much cheaper, and we could actually pick out our own candy. So we decided to go with that buffet instead.  We also decided on white linens for our guest tables with a black runner (Aaron actually picked it out), black chair covers with a white sash and black napkins.  We'll do the exact opposite for the head table too.  I'm so excited.  The black chair covers were do dramatic and made such a statement, the room is going to be so pretty!

We ended our day with tux shopping.  Call me crazy but I don't find a tux sexy AT ALL.  The stripe down the pants looks so dumb to me, and even if they fit properly they never look like they fit.  So it was up to Aaron to pick everything out.  Everything will look really nice, and I like what we decided on, but there is just no way to get that excited about the tux stuff.

We had a great weekend, tooling around, seeing Aaron's grandparents, watching movies.  It was relaxed and we accomplished a whole lot!

I'm feeling good, getting excited, overwhelmed...but couldn't be happier!!

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment