Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hop on the Crazy Train

Holy cow!!! I feel like my head is going to explode!  We were so busy this weekend.  Friday and Saturday we went to the Grand Rapids Bridal Show.  I had very specific needs in going.  We need a florist and ideas for centerpieces, and information about transportation.  Lucky for me I found a whole ton of great options!  It felt good walking through and seeing all the photographers, and DJ's and reception venues there trying to get our business knowing that we have all of that taken care of, however, we have tons of little things to get out of the way.

I have been trying to price out a candy buffet, I figured we would do it ourselves and it would cost us a lot less money, however I found a great girl and AWESOME buffet that she color coordinates the candy with the wedding colors.  Her display was beautiful
I think the giant lolly pops are a little too "5 year old birthday party"  But the rest is sooo pretty.

I also found AWESOME centerpieces.  I figured I would do them myself as well, since I know exactly what I want and how to do it.  We happened  to find this booth at the very end of the show that had all of these beautiful centerpieces that were EXACTLY what I had pictured.  They were identical to what I want, and priced soooooo well.  I did some number crunching for us to put them together ourselves, and the vases alone (3 per table) ran 3 dollars a piece so 9 bucks just for the vases then we would have to get all the stuff to go in them.  Their centerpieces that includes the vases the gems at the bottom of the vase, candles, mirrors, and flowers were 9 per table.  THAT IS SOOOOOOOO AMAZING!  We found 3 that we really liked so we're going to mix and match across the room!  I can't wait.

This whole weekend showed me that we're ahead of the game with the big stuff, but so far behind with all of the little stuff...I'm stressing out!!

I have to get bridesmaids dresses, it's so hard to get all the girls together at once. I don't like any of the dresses, they all scream I'm a bridesmaid, and I don't want that.  I'm about ready to throw in the towel and say pick your own LBD and be done with it!!

Next weekend:
Meeting our minister
Tux rentals
Invitations
registering!!!!!

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment