Sunday, January 22, 2012

Almost a Monzo

Lately my posts have been related to what we've been doing to prepare for the wedding.  It's such a crazy time right now.  In the beginning I really thought we had lots of time, and I wanted to really enjoy being engaged.  I haven't really had much time for that!  I do know that I can not wait until I'm no longer a Graves (not because I don't like being a Graves.  I will always be one at heart) but because I CAN NOT WAIT to be a Monzo.
 For starters I will finally be able to "do what I want" because that is the Monzo way of life, and catch phrase.

Aaron has been amazing during all this wedding stuff.  He wants to have input and go to meetings.  I always tell him, I can do this by myself I'm not going to make you go to that, and he'll always say no I'm going too.  I don't want to over do it with wedding stuff, and make him hate the process, but I really think he is enjoying it as much as I am.

I think part of the reason going to appointments are so much fun is because of the way we communicate.  We don't hold back, we're not very proper, we tell the truth and show our true colors to everyone we meet.  I can't tell you how many times we've been at the jewelry store and we'll have the girls rolling on the floor because of what we're talking about...we don't think it's ever that funny because it's our normal.

We aren't mature about anything, we try to make everything fun, because what's the point if you aren't having fun?  When we were registering there was a couple that had walked in with us.  We bumped into them a few times through the store and I ended up making a comment about how much more mature they were being while they were registering.  We were having a dance party in the store, fighting for the gun (that thing gives you a feeling of power!!!) fighting over items to register for, hiding from each other...it never ended... but I can promise you this, we had waaaay more fun than the other couple.

We never take ourselves to seriously.  Everything we do we make sure we can laugh and have fun.  I can't wait to be married and experience this for the rest of my life.  Some day we'll be that annoying family with kids playing in the toy section, having shopping cart races..all that good stuff, that usually drives all the other people nuts. 

I came across a list on Club Wed (Targets wedding club) and it was a list of 101 things to do as a couple.  Most of the things are really inexpensive fun activities to do.  This weekend we made a fort in the living room.  We took it a step further and decided to sleep in our fort, because what's the point in building one if you can't sleep in it?  Fort Monzo was pretty awesome, we used the mattress from the guest room, and had a top bunk for the kitties.  It was so much fun before we went to sleep I made a comment about how I want us to still be doing this kind of stuff in 10 years, and Aaron said yea, we'll be doing it with our kids too.  I CAN'T WAIT.   We decided to attempt an even bigger fort next weekend...we'll see.



We bought a game this past weekend the Bride and Groom Challenge.  It's a whole book of questions that we have to answer about each other.  We create a contract with the winners prize, and at the end total up the answers and the winner gets whatever the contact states.  It should be a good time.  I love that we can constantly do all these silly things!
We have some great friends that are really looking out for us with this whole wedding, and not just the wedding but marriage in general.  They're giving advice, and making it known that they will always be here for us, and will always support us.  We're so thankful and happy to have all of these people in our lives. 

Lots of wedding stuff happened this weekend and this upcoming week...more updates later!

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment