Sunday, January 15, 2012

Yea...we registered for that....

We had such a busy weekend planned, and then thanks to the lovely weather, it all changed.  It was still extremely busy, but in a different way.

Everything started Thursday when we went to pick out our centerpieces.  I was so excited, we got an estimate for 18 tables, and decorations for the head table as well and it's only about $250!!!  The key is to do anything but fresh flowers.  Now I love a nice fresh bouquet of flowers just as much as the next person, but a whole room full of them can be soooo overwhelming.  So we're going with floating candles, and a few silks here and there throughout each piece.  I decided to cave and let Aaron have his tulle and lighting across the head table (barf)  when you see pictures of the head table please DO NOT judge me.  It's his wedding too.  Just know I had nothing to do with it.  I might let the decorator put it up and then make some minor changes once she leaves lol!

We were supposed to head to Kalamazoo but winter chose this weekend of all weekends to make it's grand entrance...AWESOME.  So we put off meeting our minister until next weekend.

The Bartlesons came for a visit this weekend, so we had house guests both Friday and Saturday night.  It's ALWAYS fun when they're in town.  We did a lot of bar hopping, and sports watching...well at least the boys did Ashlee and I did a lot of gossiping.

Saturday we had a meeting to pick out invitations...holy stressful.  The problem was the more invites we saw, the more options we had...We finally narrowed it down to 4. 
Here are 3 of the invitations we have it narrowed down too.  One of them just came out last week, so it doesn't have a link yet.  Keep in mind we'll change the color to match our colors!!

http://www.checkernet.com/product/UNI-GWX-AENS/?Cobrand=CB&Site=Checkernet&vk=1777211146
We like this one..it's nice, simple, and reall pretty!!!

http://www.theinvitationplace.cceasy.com/WE_ViewEns.cfm?prev=1&TempPrev=0&blnPreviewRequestSubmitted=0&recordsperpage=8&CompletedOrder=0&sBasketID=0&sItemCode=WedEns9423&FromHome=1&Search_intTotalSearchLevel=1&Search_strInputString=15890&Search_strInputKeywords=1&Search_strItemGroup=&Search_blnAccessoryCategoryPage=0&Search_blnSingle=1&alogo=1&menu=none&morethanonepage=YES&HostDomain=www.theinvitationplace.cceasy.com%2F&FirstTimeThrough=1&format=WedEnsCCa&vid=5DC0796CD2
Another simple one.  I always aim for simplicity.  All the frills and lace and extra junk has never really appealed to me.

http://www.theinvitationplace.cceasy.com/We_ViewEns.cfm?sItemCode=WedEns7432&sCatalogCode=WedEns15CC&iStartRow=41&format=WedEns15CCa&strcontinue=yes&strsearch=yes&vid=5DC0796CD2
Aaron came across this one right when we were finishing up.  He really likes this one.  Of course my favorite is the one that is brand new and I don't have a link to show that one off.  We'll see where we end up.  I'm a little bit over making all these decisions.

Saturday we split from Ashlee and JB for a while and when to Bed Bath and Beyond to register!!  We had a lot of fun.  Our consultant was SUPER annoying.   Trying to get us to buy a whole bunch of crap that we didn't need.  She also tried her hardest to sell us dishes that are sold one setting at a time...um no thanks, I'm not going to risk ending up with only 3 of everything because 3 people decided to each buy us a setting, but that's it.  So we went against her advice and got a boxed set...insert gasp here...I know we are such low life losers for getting a boxed set.  Everyone will look down on us!  That's pretty much how she acted.  She did the same thing when it came to silverware too.

Once we got going we were a little overwhelmed since we were both pretty established before we moved in, we didn't really need much.  Everyone kept saying just upgrade everything, seems like such a waste of the perfectly good stuff we have.  We did pretty much create a whole new bathroom, and picked out a whole lot of nice sheet sets.  She kept telling us to aim high everyone will want to spend a lot of money on us.  I think that is soo rude.  I would never want a whole ton of stuff on a registry that not everyone can afford.  We picked out a few things like pots and pans and knives that maybe aunts and grandma's can go in on together, but I just feel bad having really pricey stuff...like I expect people to spend that kind of money on me.  She kept trying to get us to get a dyson..which I would LOVE however I would never ever want anyone to spend $500 on us!!  Once we were done they told us we had a really small registry (120) things, and said we would have to come back to get more since that would all be gone by the time I have showers...wow they are pushy.
Come to find out today when I looked at our registry online our oh so wonderful consultant added crap to our registry that we never scanned...extra throw pillows, extra sets of dishes and silverware...I was soooooo pissed when I saw that..you better believe her manager will get a piece of my mind for messing with our registry.

Ok so I rambled for waaaaayyyy to long sorry, but it was a fun busy loooong weekend!!!

<3 Karissa

1 comment:

  1. yikes I cant believe the lady at bbb acted like that. What a douche.

    We didnt register for china either. I didnt see the point in it. I am so not a fancy person.

    ReplyDelete