Sunday, March 11, 2012

An Ocean of Emotion

Ohhhh lordy what a weekend!!!  We put an offer in on a house on Thursday evening, and were told we would hear back by Tuesday.  Of course I was on pins and needles all day on Friday.  It was the longest day EVER!!  We put a lot of thought and effort into our offer, and we were really excited about it.  While we waited to hear back about our offer, we packed ourselves up and headed to Detroit to see Aaron's cousin, wife and baby! 



It was the first time I had met them, John is in our bridal party, so I was pretty nervous.  Luckily everything went great!  I loved them, and they have one of the cutest babies I have ever seen in my entire life.  I made a new little best friend!  Hopefully they liked me just as much!  We headed out to a Pistons game.  My first one, I was pretty excited.  We had AMAZING seats I think we were about 7 rows form the court!  Sooo much fun. 

On our way into the game my phone rang and guess who...our realtor, with the counter offer.  Except, it wasn't really a counter offer they dropped $400.00 from their original asking price.  UHHHH excuse me??  What a slap in the face.  We decided to sleep on it and just enjoy the game.  On our car ride home we decided to have "the conversation"  awesome time and place for a real serious conversation.  We couldn't get away from each other so we had to hash everything out.  Let's just say it was a tense few miles.  We ultimately decided that we were going to hold firm on our offer.  They don't want to negotiate with us, we didn't want to negotiate with them.  Once we got that convo out of the way, we started second guessing ourselves.  We asked to see the place one more time before we made a final offer.  We went for a drive trying to find new areas to look at, and couldn't find anything that we liked that we could get for such an awesome price.  Suddenly Aaron wanted to reconsider, and said maybe we should just pay what they are asking.  It was a day full of back and forth and very mixed feelings.

Aaron is really stuck on this whole "I don't want them to win" thing, however, we know they aren't winning.  They couldn't come down from their offer since they owe so much on the house, and have already purchased another house (smart planning on their part!) even with their asking price they were still having to bring another 20,000 to the bank to make good on their loan.  I feel for them, and my goal isn't to screw their deal, however, it's not our fault that they got themselves into the situation, and we're trying not to get ourselves in that exact same situation.  We ended up deciding to go through the house one more time tomorrow, and look at EVERYTHING  Aaron's dad is coming so we have an extra set of eyes, and then we'll make a final decision.

This experience is so hard.  We aren't having issues agreeing on what we like, we're having issues on deciding how much to to spend!  I know "Everything happens for a reason" but no one wants to hear that when something doesn't go the way they want it do.  I know everyone is trying to be supportive, but I swear if this deal falls through I don't want to hear anyone say "everything happens for a reason, you'll find something"  I know that, but in the moment I just want to be sad.  My mom and I were talking about that saying, she put it so perfectly.  She said, people only say that when they don't have anything useful to say! 

We got a flip video camera for Christmas, and I can not for the life of me figure out how to upload the videos on here.  When I figure it out I'll post videos of the houses we've been looking at!

We had a wonderful weekend, everything (besides the house) was so much fun!  It was nice getting away form GR for a night!

Have a wonderful week!!!

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment