Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We've done it!!!!!  We found a house!  I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited I can't even think straight.  Honestly it hasn't been that horrible of a process.  We spent 2 Saturdays looking and a couple weekdays looking, and we managed to find a house.  We actually managed to find two houses, put an offer on one, and backed out after Aaron's dad looked at it.  I know I said I hate hearing the "everything happens for a reason" stuff...but obviously it does, because had we gotten the first house, we wouldn't have ended up with our dream home!

I can't even begin to describe how perfect this house is.  We meet up with both of our dads on Saturday and went to house number one.  It was cute, but both noticed way too much work.  We took a nice little drive into Kentwood and drove up to the cutest house I have ever seen.  Everyone had the same reaction from the outside, our "drive in" was good (which is so important to Aaron) the yard was cute and the house looked great.  We all walked in, and it was almost like our entire group knew at the same time this was our house.  Everything about it screams us.  It's the perfect size, three legal bedrooms (plus a room without a window but will be a great forth room)  The kitchen is huge, the backyard is amazing, has a family and living room and 2 full bathrooms.  Best of all, all of the appliances (including new front loading washer and dryer) are staying!!!

The Master is awesome a walk in closet that opens into  into the master bathroom with double sinks and tons of storage!!  I could sit here and rave and rant about the house, I won't though!  We went back to look at the house on Sunday, put our offer in on Monday, and became homeowners on Monday night!!  (Pending inspection)

This whole experience has been very eye opening.  We didn't fight much, we did catch ourselves bickering back and forth when it came to this house  4434 Summertime Ct!  I think we bickered because we loved it so much, and we're scared we were going to lose it, so I pushed to just "do it" while Aaron wanted every bit of information about the price, location, bills, everything...I'm a just do it type of person, and usually he is too, which is what caused the bickering.  This is such a huge step in our relationship.  I'm so happy we were able to get this done now.  I was worried the process would drag out and we would be moving into a house 2 weeks before the wedding. 

Sometimes I still feel like I'm 20 years old and have to remind myself..you're an adult get it together.  Now that I'll be pulling into my own garage, and mowing the lawn (ok lets be real Aaron will be doing that) and painting rooms I finally feel like a real "grown up"   I can't wait to move in and make it our own!  Lucky for us we have a bridal shower and wedding to help us furnish our house!!!!

4434 Summertime Ct Southeast, Kentwood, MI.
The Dream   The pictures don't do it justice, but you get the picture!!

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment