Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome to the 50's

Division of labor and assests has been on our minds lately.  How does a couple who once lived totally seperate lives, mesh their two lives together?  It's a hard subject to bring up.  We had the conversation when we first moved in together.  We weren't engaged, but we knew we were headed in that direction (or else I never would have moved in).

We split certain bills, and we went every other on grocery trips...seemed fair.  Then almost hubs pops the question, and the whole topic comes up again...not to mention I took a different job, which I love, yet doesn't pay me near what I was making before.  Suddenly I find myself doing all of the housework, cooking all the meals (at least the meals that we eat at home...we eat out A LOT)  and clipping coupons, and all other wifely duties.  While almost Hubby took on the brunt of the bills, I turned myself into a nice little housewife!

Don't get me wrong, I like making my own money, and I love my Independence..and I'll be damned if my wedding vows say the word obey.  Chances are if almost hubby told me to stand still, I would jump up and down on one foot..I don't "obey"  But I love love love taking care of him.

I love cooking for the almost hubs, I don't mind doing all the laundry..I don't love laundry in general, but it doesn't bother me to do his too.  Partly because I don't want him to ruin anything of mine.  I love cleaning the house, and making it a clean home for him to come home to everyday.  If he's going to be doing most of the providing for our family, why shouldn't I be helpful in the places that I can be? 

Some people may read this blog and want to totally smack me, and think these opinions are the reason why women still aren't equal to men.  I would like to point out..if I had a high paying stressful job that provided a huge chunk of our income, I know I would be singing a different song, however the situation being what it is, I feel perfectly content in contributing in every way I possibly can...so put me in an apron, and stick me in the kitchen...I'm cookin dinner tonight!

<3 Karissa
p.s. 1 month 1 week 1 day till I DO!!!  YIKES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment