Sunday, June 17, 2012

Man Gene and Total Destruction Part 2

So the past few posts have been about how vastly different men and women are.  How our brains are totally different, and how we function completely opposite.  In my Total Destruction post we covered the topic of our backyard overhaul.  I was pretty happy with the outcome of our conversation.  We were going to tackle the backyard one section at a time, that way we didn't have to look at a crap pile of a yard the whole season.  Well that whole theory went to shit yesterday.  I blame my father.  What is it about a pair/group of men getting together, and suddenly everything seems possible?  "Oh you want to dig a hole for a pool with your bare hands...NO PROBLEM.  I bet I can dig faster and deeper than you!"  Everything becomes a possibility and everything becomes a giant pissing contest.

Throw in my dad, and suddenly hubs to be thinks he can do it all, and for some reason has to prove it.  *Side note, when men are all together why do their ideas become more and more stupid?*  We had my dad over to help with some yard work.  My idea was to get one whole side of the yard totally cleaned up, and ready for some planting next weekend...Aaron and my dad had a much better idea.  Lets get a 15lbs sledge hammer and giant ax and chop at a stump in the ground for 2 hours...just to see what happens!  Oh lets also get a saw and cut down two trees in the backyard.  Honey it will be a great idea. 

EXCUSE ME..HOLD THE PHONE.... What happened to pulling weeds raking up all this dirt and getting some nice stepping stones and potted plants??  Oh I know Father and Son-in-law together...Operation Total Destruction is back on.  I'm so glad our logical conversation was at the front of almost hubs mind...oh wait it wasn't.

While I appreciate all the cool news toys my dad bought Aaron, I don't appreciate the fact that he's now got these massive toys that do nothing but create a mess in my yard!  So now my yard has to extra stumps from the cut down trees, a "burn pile" the size of a bear cave of wood that we'll have to burn once we get our fire pit, and nothing has been planted yet.

We worked ourselves to the bone yesterday, and my dad was great help, we actually got a lot cleaned up and while it looks worse than before..it also looks better..all the weeds are good, all the dead leaves are raked out.  My dad did a great job helping us...I just don't think I'll ever let those two make the plan again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment