Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Home Stretch


How is it July already? I swear I woke up yesterday excited that there was 2 months until the wedding..and now we're actually in wedding month...HOLY BALLS!!!



I'll be completely honest... I don't want to wish this all away, but I am also so ready for all of this to be over. I feel like our lives revolve around the wedding right now. We don't want to start any home projects because they'll just sit this entire month. We don't want to spend money because we're about to drop a whole lot of it. I'm just ready to get back to living life.



I'm sure there are tons of brides out there that would smack me right now for saying that I'm ready for it to be over..but I'm sooo tired. I'm sick of having crazy dreams about my flowers (one where we carried coat hangers, because flowers were never delivered). I'm sick of trying to chase people down who have said they were coming, but have yet to RSVP...I'm sick of trying to plan everything and keep everything in motion...I'm JUST SO TIRED!!!



I have always been a planner at heart. It can be Monday evening and I'll be asking Aaron what we're going to do this coming weekend, because I like to know, and I like to have everything planner out. I'm a very spur of the moment person when it comes to implus purchases and doing crazy wild things, but I love to have my plans. It is so freaking hard to plan everything for everyone, and work around everyone’s schedule. We can't even find time to go get our marriage license together..so I have to do it alone. :(



Through this whole planning phase (9 months) I have really tried to avoid playing the "I'm the Bride" card, and I feel like I have done pretty damn good, but sometimes I just want to scream...why are you making this so difficult...I'm the bride, this is what I want, just do it. It's not like I'm asking people to cut their arms off..for the most part it's fun stuff, and I feel like I've had to pull teeth, which in turn makes me feel like the bad guy...and then makes me care anymore.



I know this is kind of a bummer post, and it should probably be filled with many more exciting thoughts. I truly am excited to get married and be Mrs. Monzo, and I am really excited for the wedding itself, but right now at this moment...I'm ready for July 29th so I can be a wife on her honeymoon.



<3 Karissa

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. The night before our wedding Trabis said thank god it's tomorrow cuz I'm over it, I felt the same way. And I'm a planner, too! The day after your wedding you will be trying to remember your day because it flew by so damn fast so prepare yourself and try to remember every moment!! :)

    ReplyDelete