Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hurry up and Wait.

I've said it a million times.  We're in limbo right now.  There is a lot of waiting going on, and it's getting annoying.  Waiting for the appraisal, waiting for the underwriter, waiting to sign papers, waiting for wedding stuff to pick back up.  I am so ready to get a move on everything.  We've been saying we need to hurry and get (insert project here) done, then we get it done, and we're left just sitting around waiting some more.

We had the appraisal a couple weeks ago, and found out all this information this week.  Everything turned out great, no renegotiating or anything.  So now we're just waiting...to hear when we actually close on the house.  Once we do that it's more waiting for our move in date.  Everything is going to happen all at once and I'm getting a little overwhelmed. 

This is what the next few weeks look like
Mid April Close on house
May 1-5 Hopefully in our house
Mid May Bridal shower, sending wedding invites, finalizing wedding details
Late May House warming party

It doesn't seem like a whole lot of bullet points, but when you think about what each of these things entail, I'm getting stressed.  To top it off, our Apartment complex is being 100% difficult right now with us breaking our lease.  We know that we have to break our lease, and we understand that there is a buy out fee, but they're telling us since we haven't been in the lease for 6 months (never mind the fact that this is Aaron's sixth lease with this complex) we can't give our 30 days.  Meaning, we're left with paying rent through August and our house payment.  They said there is a waiting list, but it doesn't matter, because we haven't been in our current lease for six months.  So our option is to let our apartment sit empty for 4 months and pay rent on it anyway.  It doesn't seem to make good business sense to me to leave our place empty and be stubborn about us leaving before our 6 months and potentially losing business because people don't want to wait all summer for a place.  Sure they're making rent off of us even though we aren't there, but what happens when we stop paying rent, and all the people on the waiting list that possibly could have gotten in in May, have found other places to live?  It's so annoying.  I have never heard of such complicated rules.  Yes we will pay extra to break our lease, most places have some sort of rule like that, but to tell us "you can't give us your 30 days" is ridiculous to me.  It makes me want to pull my hair out.

We have has such a busy couple of weeks.  We went up north last weekend for a shooting weekend (I learned how to shoot a gun)  it's interesting.  It's a scary powerful feeling...not sure if I liked it, or if it scared the bejesus out of me.  This weekend, we went to the in laws for Easter dinner. It's always fun heading out there, we have tons of property to ride the quads, huge game room with shuffle board, pool and ping pong, and great family to enjoy it all with!  I've been busy taking classes for my CDA for work.  As soon as I get my qualifications I will get a raise and be officially and Lead teacher.  Such a good feeling!!

I've tried like 600 times to upload a video of the house from my flip camera.  I can't get it to work.  I'm beyond annoyed.  Sorry!!! 

<3 Karissa


No comments:

Post a Comment