Sunday, April 29, 2012

It all comes crashing down....

Ok so the title is a little dramatic, but I'm feeling a little dramatic right now.  Good news first.  If you've been keeping up with Facebook the past week, you know we're officially homeowners now!  How exciting, and scary all at the same time.  The closing was so weird.  I was so nervous for some reason.  Our realtor ended up redeeming herself by buying us a gift off of our registry, and offering to host our housewarming party!  Heck yea!!  She wants to foot some of the bill, I am all for it!  We like her as a person, as a realtor she is a little bit of a flake!

In other news (like the wedding)  OH YEA, we're getting married, totally forgot about that with all the house crap!  I got a lovely email from our wedding coordinator this week stating some "wonderful, and exciting news"  Our venue has merged with a new catering company.  Can you imagine what my heart did when I read that line.  It stopped.  It fell to my stomach.  I thought I died for a second.  Luckily she followed that sentence up with, you can keep all your menu selections from our catering company, or you may choose from the new menu.  Welllllll, fantastic.  I've already ordered, paid for, and received our wedding invitations..including the RSVP cards which have our menu options on them.  Things better not change!!!!

She also assured me that they were keeping their executive chef, so the food we tasted would be the same.  However, if this chef doesn't like new management he could up and quit..which will change everything.  Fan-flippin-tastic.  She also told me, I now have 2 points of contact, someone for food, and her for the venue. AWESOME.  One more person to throw into the loop.  One more cook in the kitchen.  GAHHHHH. 

I calmed down, and responded to her email...this isn't the death of our wedding, things will be fine.  Friday I got another email...
Here are my new issues:

Our Wedding is the same weekend the new Batman movie comes out...so not only with the theaters be packed with whack jobs (lets be honest, those batman fans are slightly nuts and obsessive)  We can't have our rehearsal in a theater without paying for another theater rental.  I'll be damned if I pay $500.00 for a 30 minute rehearsal.  I am SOOOOOOOO PISSED.  I figured we don't need a long rehearsal it's not hard to walk in a line, but since it's kind of an unconventional setting I would like for everyone to practice at least once.  We get a rehearsal, but in a random room.  AWESOME.

Our coordinator told me she "doesn't work weekends"  UMMM hold the phone.  You are a wedding coordinator..how can you not work weekends?  Who the heck is going to be running our shindig?  Apparently I have to ask someone to help with the ceremony.  How much are we paying the place??   Needless to say I'm now fuming reading this email.  Finally the kicker...the catering company that they are now working with, is the company that we intentionally avoided while selecting our venue.  We went to a venue and saw this company, and didn't like them at all.  They were touching glasses with bare hands, they were touching silverware with no gloves, and one of them made a rude comment under her breath about something I said, and I happened to hear it.  I want nothing to do with this staff.  I am hoping they are still going to at least use Celebration Cinema's serving staff.  If not I'm going to pitch an epic fit.

Everything was going so smooth, everything was moving along at a perfect pace, and then wham, this hits us.  I'm hope it doesn't turn into a hot mess...

In more news.. Packing sucks.  I always forget how much I hate to pack.  The apartment is a mess, there is crap everywhere, my hands have this dust/dirt film feeling all over them.  We can't really clean because there are boxes every.  The cats love it..they have kitty jungle gyms everywhere..but for us it's no fun!

Enjoy the week, I can't believe it's already May.  Also I just realized when I previewed this the punctuation is weird... the exclamation points look like the letter l..I'll make changes soon.

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment