Thursday, April 12, 2012

Top Five Dream Wedding Locations

Soooo judge all you want, Aaron and I played the Mega Millions when it was at 640 million.  Yea our chances of winning were slim to none, but what the hell??  We talked about everything we would do with all of the money.  It got me thinking, if we had all of the money in the world, where would I have my dream wedding?  Mind you, I love where we are having our wedding, it's going to be amazing.  However, there are places that are totally out of our reach for one reason or another (mostly money) and I will only ever dream of these places.

5) The San Diego Zoo:  I have always thought it would be fun to get married in a zoo, Aaron said no to the John Ball Zoo because "It will smell".  But San Diego is beautiful and I have heard amazing things about the zoo.  Bliss!

4) Nappa Valley: 
Aaron and I love wine, we love going wine tasting, I love learning about wine.  How amazing would it be to have this view? 






3) Italy:  Two words, It's Italy.
 Enough said.

2) Mackinac Island: I love the island.  There is something magical about that island, with no cars, and everything so pure.  I have ALWAYS wanted to go on a carriage ride.  Aaron has tried on multiple occasions to take me, but it's never worked out.  I would love to get married on the island with the bridge and water in the background, and then hop on a carriage and take a ride with my groom!  The Grand Hotel is amazing, beautiful, and screams elegance.  It's so expensive to have a wedding there, but that would be my pick! 


1) No amount of money could ever make my number one dream location happen.  It's so sad, and many people have heard me go on and on about this place.  Brook Lodge will always be a special place to me.  I can not describe to anyone (unless you experience the Lodge yourself) how absolutely amazing and special that place is.  It will always hold a place in my heart.  I worked with AMAZING people.  I had the dream job (I have yet to find a job that comes even close to that job)  I got to go to work in the most beautiful location ever.  Everyone that worked there, got married there, or worked as a vendor there, knew how absolutely amazing, and special Brook Lodge was.  It breaks my heart every time I think about how it's a big ol' piece of property now sitting and doing nothing.  All of those empty buildings sitting there with so many memories...it's horrible. When I worked there I had my wedding all planned out.  Never in a million years did I ever think that I wouldn't be having my wedding there.  I knew I would be in good hands with that entire staff.  My friend Loni was married there.  Long story short we had mutual friends and I ended up working on her wedding at the Lodge, before we even knew we had mutual friends.  Here is Loni's wedding story.  Note the pictures:  She had an awesome photographer Loni's Brook Lodge Wedding









 
Beautiful Bride, and a beautiful background.

So now you have it.  Everyone always likes to sit around a dream.  I've heard the question a million times "If you could do it differently what would you change?"  I can't, and won't be changing anything, but these are the top 5 places that will never be. :)

Go check out my friend Loni's blog about life with a little one!  It's an amazing blog, that tells it how it is! www.babypmakesthree.blogspot.com  

<3 Karissa

4 comments:

  1. check out my blog- i gave you an award

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the loving!! I wish brook lodge was still open too. It was such a great place and obviously holds a lot of memories for us :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The San Diego Zoo is amazing, there are awesome spots for weddings and it actually doesn't smell!

    Macinac would be so cool!

    I went to a couple of weddings at brook lodge and we wanted to get married there SO BAD, but we had to have a winter wedding due to deployments :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all lovely options! I never seen a zoo-themed wedding but it's very interesting to consider. What venue did you choose for your wedding? I hope it's number 1, because you seem to love it so much and it really looks pretty.

    Hildred Congdon

    ReplyDelete