Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Welp...we've managed to nail down our photographer!  http://www.chadbosma.com/ Chad was so nice, and he pretty much has the same thought process that I have when it comes to the types of pictures that I want.  What makes me super excited is that his pictures are amazing, he does all sorts of different coloring, (water colors, black and whites) and he gives all of the pictures to you.  He said if he makes any changes he will give us the original and the changed pictures!  A lot of photographers don't do that.   We get the rights to all of the pictures and everything all touched up and ready to go on a disc.  I LOVE THAT.  We can burn copies of our pictures for everyone.  I think it's a nice cute gift for the wedding party.  How many weddings have you been in where you're in tons of pictures, and you see like 3 of them..and what are the chances you'll ever get a copy of that picture??

He also told us that if we book with him, he'll do our trash the dress session ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!  He knows his stuff, he knows great locations.  I am bouncing off the walls I'm so excited!

We also pretty much have our DJ lined up.  The DJ that I really wanted isn't available..booooo hoooo!  Even after he told me he was, his manager said he was booked.  I was a little mad, however, there is always a positive to be found.  The DJ we're getting also has a sweet photo booth that fits up to 12 people.  He has all of the props and, unlike some photo booths our guests will actually get their four pictures with our names and wedding date on them.  We will also get the CD of all of the pictures that are taken in the booth!  I'm so excited.  Pictures are one of the most important things to me, you only get to have this day once, and I want to be able to remember it in the best most interesting way.

I also have decided on carnations for our flowers....I KNOW I KNOW carnations?????  Hear me out.  They are making a come back.  I was such a carnation snob for the longest time however, they are very retro and when you put a whole bunch of them together in really tight bunch 1) you can't tell what kind of flower it really is and 2) it looks really really cool.  So anyone who doesn't like it..well.....who cares.  It's my wedding and I'll do what I want!!!  Oh Boy I'm starting to sound like a Monzo already! 

On  a different note.  As we were coming back from our photographer meeting Aaron informed me he wanted to move when our lease is up.  It's up in February.  Have you ever moved in the middle of a Michigan winter??  I have and it BLOWS.  We won't be leaving the area, apparently he just wants a bit of change.  I love where we live, and have no desire to move in the dead of winter...I sense a battle coming on.  Our complex does have really cool loft apartments, if we can move into one of those I'm all for the move, but I don't want to move across town.  We have a perfect location and I don't want to give up my 30 second commute to work!  Ohhh compromise, I hear you knocking on my door.

That's all for now! 

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment