Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ho Ho Ho..We're in Limbo

Holy Cow!!  We have been so busy.  This time of year is so much fun, and so stressful all at the same time.  Lucky for Aaron he is about to marry a planner, and everything is all set and ready to go for the next week.  We both took and extra day off this week, so we're working a 4 day work week..WOOP WOOP  can't wait until Thursday.  We're going ice skating downtown on Friday, spending Christmas Eve with Aaron's mom, Christmas day in Battle Creek, and then hosting the Monzo sibling xmas Monday.  Can't remember if I laid out our plans in my last blog..but I've been sooooo busy I can't remember.

We've both been super sick too.  It took everything in us to get our shopping done this weekend.  Friday we went to dinner, and hit the mall to get last minute gifts.  We were home by 9.  What did we decide to do??  Wrap Christmas gifts, I know I know, LAME.  But it was fun and our tree looks awesome now.

Saturday morning we decided to do some apartment hunting.  It's absolutely amazing that we live in such a big city and there is CRAP out there for apartments.  We don't want to buy anything yet because we're hoping to move out of state in the next couple of years...no sense in getting stuck in MI.  If it wasn't a tiny 2 bedroom for twice what we're paying now, it was  coin operated laundry in a smelly smoke filled hall, or out in BFE.  The last place we saw was a 2 bedroom town home with an attached garage 2 bathrooms, it was soooo nice.  We loved it.  It was a little more than what we're used to paying, but totally worth it.  After a couple hours, and we came down from our high...(it was kinda like when we found Thousand oaks for our reception, before we picked the wave room)  We could afford it, but would we really want to stretch ourselves?  Especially since we're in a really good situation and also trying to pay for a wedding.  So we decided to stay put, deal with our loud dumb neighbors, and do some redecorating.

Once we got back home, I met Chelsea to pick up my wedding dress!!!  We also did some bridesmaids dress shopping.  I found it interesting when she brought out my dress in the garment bag all covered up so I couldn't see it, she tried to get me to sign that I fully inspected the items and agree that they are what I expected.  UM I AM NO DUMMY  I'm not signing anything without ACTUALLY looking at it first.  How dumb do they think I am.  the girl seemed really peeved too when I said Um I haven't inspected it yet. 



Chelsea was a wonderful model.  I know my girls are going to be in black with red shoes, so pretend all these dresses are in black.  I love this pink one.  It's a cotton fabric, I think it's a fun modern dress!
This black one is my Second favorite.  It looked AMAZING on Chelsea.  I think it will look good on all of my girls too.  It's very similar to the pink, only the fabric makes it a little more formal, and the top is a little different.  Chelsea really liked it too.
We're pretty sure this is the Winner.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  It was beautiful on Chelsea.  She said it was her favorite too.  Everyone that I sent texts to loved it too.

A while ago I told Aaron's sister that I wanted them to be in pea green with huge sleeves.  This is the best we could do to find a silly dress and text all the girls.  Thanks for being a trooper Chels!!

Now that all the deposits are put down, and everything big is all planned and figured out, I have a bunch of small stuff to figure out and deal with, but we're kinda in that in between stage.  Ask us about the wedding plans this week and we're going to give you the same answer as we did last week.  It will be the same answer we give for the next couple of months too.  Everything is great....how boring to be in limbo.  The "newness" has worn off.  BORING.

Sorry so long, it's been a while.

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment