Sunday, December 11, 2011

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas

I have never been so exhausted in my entire life.  Ok, that's a lie, but I'm super tired.  We had quite the weekend.  JB and Ashlee (Aaron's best man and his wife) came into town so we got to go out with them for the evening.  It's never a dull night with the two of them.  We did a little dancing, and drinking...tons of fun!!  Of course I woke up Saturday feeling like I got hit by a truck...for some reason that always happens when those two are in town.

 Saturday we decided to tackle our Christmas shopping.  We are soooo behind, and also realizing that shelling out deposits for vendors and Christmas shopping in the same week is not a very fun thing to do.  We got everyone done, with the exception of a few small things for each other.  Shopping for Aaron is one of the hardest things in the world.  He never really vocalizes what he wants, and when I ask he always answers with .."I don't know"  how flippin helpful.  We ended the evening by having dinner with Aaron's brother and sister which was so much fun!  Aaron got to ask his brother to stand in the wedding, so now our wedding party if officially set! 

After dinner Aaron and I got to talking about starting our own holiday traditions.  I have a few cousins, that I am VERY VERY close too, and I have a really great relationship with my Aunts and Uncles on my moms side of the family.  It's always been important to me that my kids are close to their aunts and uncles and cousins too so we're going to try to start our own Monzo Sibling Christmas.  We'll cook breakfast, exchange gifts and enjoy each others company.  Super excited!

Speaking of holiday traditions, Aaron's mom, step sister and I started a traditions today.  Our Annual baking day.  I actually received a baking day gift.  I got a 15 piece set of baking pans...SOOOO EXCITED!  We made so much food...I came home with so much I have to pace myself I have a wedding dress to fit into YIKES.  We had a lot of fun.  We ran out of time, and couldn't get everything done, so we decided that next year it will be a baking weekend!  I'm looking forward to it!

Ok totally random and really boring, but that was our weekend woop woop!

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment