Monday, June 4, 2012

Total Destruction

Just going to throw this question out there...Why do men love total destruction?  What is it about seeing something totally destroyed that gives them such a boner?  I can't stand mess, I can't stand the feeling of being out of sorts, and looking at something and seeing it competely torn apart.  I don't think we'll ever be able to buy a fixer upper I would probably die having to live in the mess.  I felt so out of sorts when we were moving, and that was just boxes.

So back to the initial question...Why, oh why do they love the mess?  It's a question that will probably always be answered with "It's just a man thing" and there is no logical answer.

We don't have any work to do in the house, where we do have work is the back yard.  It's not horrible, but there are lots of trees in one area, and grass will never grow.  So us being the HGTV junkies we are, decided to crash our own backyard, and turn half of it into a "Monzo oasis"  We have all these great ideas, and lots of work to do!

Now, here comes the fun part.  Yesterday we're out working on the yard, pulling weeds and ripping out bushes when Aaron gets an awesome idea.  "Let's just continue to rip up everything we want to get out of here, clean the yard and then we'll piece everything together slowly"  UMMMMMMMM excuse me!?  You want to do what???  Rip out the whole backyard and then piece it back together?  Don't we have a wedding coming up, followed by a honeymoon...sure honey, lets destroy the backyard so we can't host anymore parties the rest of the year!

Luckily for me, my quick thinking worked in my favor!  "Babe wouldn't you rather work section by section?  Work on it finish it, and then be done with it!?  It will be so much more gratifying if we can actually see some finished product.  Plus if we rip everything up now, we won't finish this summer!"    By the grace of God he agreed with me  THANK YOU BABY JESUS!  I just saved myself from having to look at a mud pit for the entire summer!

So here's a break down of what took us six hours yesterday.  We ripped out two bushes....completely took out all the crap all the previous owners laid down (we're doing things the right way) we put down new soil and planted new flowers. 

Yep this took us six hours.  So glad we didn't rip up the whole yard!


As we move into June I'm constantly thinking of things about the wedding, having bad dreams of all of the things I forgot to do.  Now I know why people hire wedding planners.  I always thought it was silly to hire someone, but hey it kept me working....now I need to hire someone, I am so overwhelmed!!!


xoxo

<3 Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment